Friday, February 26, 2010

Sign of the Times

In the Dark Ages, it was considered poor form for employees to write letters to the editor. Such a practice raised objectivity questions, and besides, the letters column was for "regular folks." If you wanted to express an opinion -- that's what the editorials and columns were for.

I guess that taboo has been lifted. Now we cross-promote everywhere, not just in house ads and the usual fluff pieces about QNI-sponsored events down at the QNI Center, but in "letters to the editor" as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger TOOKIE said...

I can't believe I missed this . Nice work ATSTFOB , I enjoy the hard hitting Sunday columns that rehash work done by other journalists .

I am still waiting for the DOUBLE retraction claiming Michael Alexander is a QUINCY native to be printed . That was a clearly a soft sell to our residents based on bad information.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home