Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hey Tookie

I tried to comment on your post but got a message that comments were restricted to "team members." Anyway, here's what I was going to say:

I think your advice is admirable. City government practices have been frozen into their current form for way too long. The claim that bidding out garbage & recycling pickup to private contractors could put the city in danger "five years or more down the road" once all its trucks & equipment were sold was just utter nonsense.

In times of economic difficulty, people either change their past practices or they hunker down and hope troubles don't find them. Guess which option is best?

2 Comments:

Blogger TOOKIE said...

I have kind of killed the comment area . I don't blog like I used to and mainly find something quirky to post . I mainly did that because some how or another the men and women involved in the upcoming contracts will use 1930's process in a rough 2010 .

The EMC contract shows we pay $1 million for 2 people and the tax payers still pay for 8 people , not sure what system of math makes that look good .

The garbage is a special field because we have two land fill companies , both of whom already pick up garbage in town . We must think out the box because frankly the City budget is in a nose dive .

I also know that garbage- recycle is a sacred cow of patronage jobs , yet tough times call for tough options .

Lets see the free market at work . Somehow the City clean up is done by private side workers whole really do a bang up job .

I also think the Union folks should demand more , in the past month their leaders have not shown much leadership other than bad leadership. I think these folks are blind as to what is coming down the pipeline at them .

7:30 AM  
Blogger TOOKIE said...

weird my mac lives to insert "whole" when I type "who"




Happens a ton

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home