Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Next Vacation

Idling in the airport, I reviewed the flight options on Great Lakes and have conceived of my fabulous next vacation.....Quincy to Phoenix, all on Great Lakes Air!

It goes like this....

Quincy to St. Louis....6 a.m. to 6:36 a.m.
St. Louis to Burlington....
Burlington to Kansas City....
Kansas City to Garden City......
Garden City to Denver....
Denver to Farmington, N.M.....
Farmington to Page, Ariz.....
Page to Phoenix!!!

What fun!!

Just for grins, I could fly from Phoenix to Show Low as a side trip.

Oh heck, I just noticed....the St. Louis to Burlington flight was canceled as of the 30th of September. Guess I'll have to drive to Burlington and take the KC flight from there.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm bettin the train would be faster. Let me know.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drive to Ft. Mad, take the Chief, get off at Flagstaff, rent a car and drive to Phoenix. Catch the Sunset to New Orleans. Switch to the City of New Orleans to Chicago. Catch the train to Quincy.

Sounds like a fun trip.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Allthenewsthatfits said...

Leave Burlington 5:44 a.m., arrive KC 6:44 a.m.…..$79
Leave KC 8 a.m., arrive Great Bend 9 a.m…..$79
Leave Great Bend 9:10 a.m. (I know, it's a tight connection, but hey, it's gotta be leaving from the same gate…..probably the same plane even), arrive Denver 10:10 a.m…….$109
Leave Denver 11:30 a.m., arrive Page, Ariz., 1:52 p.m……$119
Leave Page 2:02 p.m., arrive Phoenix 3:17 p.m……$99

It works!


And not even as many stops as I had first thought. Sounds like wild times to me.....small town airport tour of the Midwest and West.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yer not gonna make that Great Bend connection unless you take no luggage. And with only 10 minutes, it's not gonna be the same plane--they have to inspect and service the plane you came in on.

Take the train. It's more scenic and cheaper too. :)

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing scenic about Great Bend.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home