Monday, March 31, 2008

The Nice Section

I thought Sunday's editorial concerning the school district's financial decisions was well written and argued. It stuck to established facts for the most part. Paragraph 10 wandered into "and hey, our ACT scores are lower, too," which didn't help the argument unless you believe there's a straight-line connection between tax rates and ACT scores, which there isn't. But other than that, I thought it was a strong piece of writing.

The first of the ethanol pieces was pretty good, too. I found it slightly amusing that one source's idea to solve the demand problem was to get states in the Southeast and elsewhere to require 10 percent ethanol, too. Mmmmmmmm, sorry, but why on earth would they want to do that? Just to prop up some Midwest enterprises? This is a regional hornswoggle, not a national one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home